BISHOP JAKES LAST MINUTE CHANGE CAUSES HIM TO AVOID EXPLOSION AT HIS HOME
Bishop T.D. Jakes told the congregation at his church Sunday that alast-minute change of plans kept him from being killed in a naturalgas explosion at his Fort Worth home last week, according to anAssociated Press report.
At the Sunday service at The Potter's House in Oak Cliff, Jakes saidthat he would have been getting dressed near the site of the blast ifhe hadn't suddenly had a feeling that he should cancel a meeting.
Because of that, he was nowhere near the sunroom of his home when theexplosion occurred.
According to a report by WFAA-TV (Channel 8), Jakes was in anotherhome on the property at the time of the blast.
Lt. Ken Worley, spokesman for the Fort Worth Fire Department, toldreporters at the time that the explosion appeared to be accidental butthat no cause had been established.
The sunroom – originally a large patio that had been enclosed as partof a renovation – had a gas-fed pool heater and a large gas-fedbarbecue grill, Worley said.
Damage was centered in the sunroom, and there did not appear to be anystructural damage to the 15,000-square-foot home, he said.
There was no fire because the explosion consumed all the available gas, he said.